3.5 billion people are online
Will you reach them without a website?
There has never been a better time than today to take your business online
You might have just started your online business but you don’t yet have your own online space where your clients and potential clients can easily find you
You might already have a website but it makes you either cringe or yawn every time you look at it
You might have an offline business that you’d like to take online to reach more people and impact more lives
Your website has the power to change lives but it never will if it’s not live
- Tech stuff is not your genius zone
- You’re wasting way too much time trying to force yourself to learn how to make your website look like you want
- It drains you and you’re not left with the energy that you need to focus on clients and potential clients
At this point, you might be delaying and delaying your website launch because you can’t get it to look like you want
6 myths about WordPress websites that make you doubt everything about your website
Myth #1: WordPress is hard to use
Like almost every new thing you try, WordPress is hard to figure out alone. Which is why you won’t be left alone. In fact, there are only a few things you actually need to know about your WordPress site. And I’ll make sure you can do all of these once I deliver your website.
The only thing you need to figure out WordPress is a good teacher
Myth #2: You don’t need a website to be in business
Maybe you don’t absolutely need a website to be in business. But think about it, when a business doesn’t have a website, it makes you think twice. Are they legit? Can you safely buy from them? And where should you go to buy anyway?
A great website enhances your credibility as a business. It builds trust. It’s a place to connect with your potential clients. And it’s also a place to sell your products or services.
A great website gives you and your business street cred. It makes your potential clients more likely to get to know your face, like your style and trust your expertise. And ultimately buy from you.
Myth #3: My website has to look and feel like me
It doesn’t, plain and simple. Your website’s primary goal is to seduce your potential customers. Therefore, it has to look and feel like them. Makes sense?
That doesn’t mean that you have to hide your personality of course! Your website should display your quirks, your style and your personality, but you can’t simply stop there.
If you’re a fairy princess riding a unicorn to work but your ideal customer is the devil himself – that you’re trying to convert – you’ll probably win him with red and black rather than your trademark rainbow colors.
Myth #4: Good design is just about having a website that looks good
Good design is not only about looks. Good design is also about creating a path and a story on your website that makes complete sense for your users. They need to find their way through the information and the design is there to guide them.
Don’t let your website be like contemporary art, it’s completely wasted if it looks gorgeous but no one understands the point of it.
Myth #5: Your website is your number one salesperson that works for free
That’s definitely the end goal. But when your website is freshly published, no matter how perfectly designed it is, it won’t generate revenue magically, you’ll have to put some work and effort into it.
You’ll need to have an SEO strategy in place to get found by people on Google and set up your Search Console to check for issues. You’ll need to set up Google Analytics to check your conversion rate and tweak your sales page. And you’ll of course need to drive traffic.
Instead of leaving you all on your own once your website is up and running, you’ll get practical steps on how to drive traffic to your website.
Myth #6: Hiring a web designer means you’re not in control of your website
Have you heard horror stories from business owners who had to pay their web designers top dollar to correct one single typo? Well I have and it’s not fun. I believe every website owner should be autonomous to make simple changes to their websites. It could be changing some copy, adding images to a post, creating a new page, changing the navigation menu or… correcting a typo.
Why should you believe a random stranger on the internet?
Here are three promises I make to you and that I will keep:
- I keep improving my skills in web design and web development all the time. But I also constantly educate myself in related fields such as SEO, analytics, web security or traffic generation so you can expect top of the line work.
- You can always get in touch with me and I reply to you within 24 hours during the week and 48 hours on weekends so you know what’s happening with your project at any given time.
- I’m very flexible with my time and workflow so I can adapt to your particular situation.
On top of that, I respect your vision and listen to you. I care and think a lot about your clients and customers (a 25-year-old law student and a 45-year-old mother of two don’t browse a website the same way). Every suggestion I make is designed to enhance the appeal of your future website. I do everything I can to deliver a website you love and I don’t stop until you’re 100% happy.
Your clients will judge your business by the look of your website
More than 3 billion people have internet access. Which means today more than ever in history we have the opportunity to change a part of people’s lives all over the planet. But if they can’t find you, don’t trust you or don’t see clearly how you can help, them you’ve lost. Investing in your website shows you take your business seriously.
Once your awesome WordPress website is up and running:
- You have the time and energy to focus on growing your customers and clients base, changing more lives and making more money.
- Your credibility is enhanced thanks to a professional looking website that you proudly refer people to.
- You drive traffic and convert people automatically, through simple yet effective methods that give you the freedom to work when and how you decide.
- You never ever again worry about having your website taken down by a third party platform that you don’t own (I’m looking at you Squarespace!)
Whether you need something light and quick or you need the full shebang, you’ll find something for you here
What to expect when we work together
- After you click on the Book Now button and fill in the contact form, I send you an email with a link to schedule a free Skype call to see how I can help you.
- If you decide to work with me, I send you a detailed website interview to understand you, your customers and your business as best as possible, as well as practical details like the timeline for completing your website.
- I then send you a contract to make sure we’re clear on what is to be expected and a payment link. Once I receive the contract back with your 50% deposit, I secure your spot on my schedule and start working according to the timeline.
- When I’m done with the first design draft, we get in touch and I listen to your feedback. This is a great time to make all the changes you want.
- I keep working, implementing your feedback and when I’m done with the second draft, we repeat the above feedback step once again.
- I work on the final version of your design. By this point your website looks pretty good. We get in touch for the final feedback session.
- Once the design is finished, I start developing your website either live if you don’t have any traffic yet or behind the scenes on a staging site if you already have an existing website.
- Before going live, I give you a tour of your brand new WordPress website. It’s the right time to check together that everything is working and looking as it should.
- I put the finishing touches and give you the keys to your new internet hangout.
- After you’ve gotten yourself at home, I hold your hand via email for another four weeks.
If you don’t act now, when are you going to?
The sooner you place your website in good hands (yes, I mean mine!) and stop spending hours tweaking small details, the sooner you can focus on the work you love most. You’ll attract more clients and customers because you’ll be spending time on taking care of them. If you don’t get a great website now, when are you going to do it?